This card has an annual fee of $395 but if you use the card’s benefits, there is over $500+ worth of value. I explain the different benefits you can get access to below.
Annual Fee: $395/ year
Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this introductory bonus offer. Previous and existing bank-issued American Express companion cardholders are eligible for this offer.
You will need to use your annual $400 Travel Credit on a single travel booking of $400 or more on your eligible Card, made through American Express Travel Online. Your booking will be charged in full to your American Express Explorer Credit Card and American Express will then credit $400 to your Account within 3 business days but may take up to 30 days. You will still receive your $400 Travel Credit each year, and your Travel Credit anniversary will remain the same.
We may receive a commission from the card issuer for each applicant of this card. You do not pay this amount. More about this in our credit guide.
So is the Amex Explorer card worth it?
So is the Amex Explorer card worth it?
The American Express explorer card has an annual fee of $395 but if you use the card’s benefits, you get your money’s worth with over $500+ worth of value.
There’s an interest free period of up to 55 days, so if you pay back the full balance owing each month before the interest free period, there no interest is charged on your account. You can read more frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions
Do credit cards impact your credit score?
Paying off your full credit card balance each month on time may positively affect your credit score, but not paying back the full balance owing on time may negatively impact your credit score. That’s why it’s important to keep on top of your payments and try to pay off the balance in full and on time each month.
Do you need to pay interest on your credit card?
With every credit card, there’s usually an interest free period of up to 44 days or 55 days, whereby if you pay back the full balance owing on your statement before the interest free period, then no interest is charged.
However, if you don’t pay back the full balance owing before the interest free period, then interest will be charged on the balance owing on your statement. That’s why it’s important to keep on top of your credit card statements and try to pay back the full balance owing each month before the end of the interest free period.
How much income do you need for American Express Explorer?
The minimum income requirement to apply for the American Express Explorer credit card is $62,000 per annum or more.
Keep in mind that this is just a rough estimate and the actual requirement may vary based on the current economic climate and American Express’s lending criteria.
What is American Express Explorer?
The American Express Explorer credit card is a credit card which has an annual fee of $395 offered by American Express in Australia. It is a rewards credit card that offers a range of benefits and features, including:
- Rewards program: The American Express Explorer credit card offers a rewards program that allows cardholders to earn Membership Rewards points for every dollar spent on eligible purchases. These points can be redeemed for a wide range of travel, shopping, and entertainment options.
- Travel insurance: The American Express Explorer credit card comes with complimentary travel insurance coverage for eligible trips taken using the card.
- Interest-free days: The card offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases, allowing cardholders to pay off their balances without accruing interest charges.
- Other benefits: The American Express Explorer credit card also comes with a range of other benefits, including exclusive access to entertainment and dining experiences, offers and discounts, and a range of other travel-related benefits.
Overall, the American Express Explorer credit card is designed for people who are looking for a rewards credit card that offers a range of travel and lifestyle benefits, along with the ability to earn rewards on their everyday spending.
What is the minimum limit for Amex Explorer card?
The minimum limit for the American Express Explorer credit card in Australia is $3,000.
Keep in mind that the credit limit on a credit card is determined by the lender and is based on a number of factors, including your credit history, income, and spending habits.
What is the highest card from American Express?
American Express offers a range of credit cards with varying levels of benefits and features, and the “highest” card can vary depending on one’s specific needs and preferences. However, some of the most premium credit cards offered by American Express include:
- American Express Platinum: This is a premium travel rewards card that offers a wide range of benefits, including travel insurance, lounge access, hotel benefits, and more.
- American Express Centurion: Also known as the “Black Card,” the Centurion is American Express’s invitation-only, ultra-premium credit card that offers a range of exclusive benefits and experiences.
- American Express Business Platinum: This is a premium business rewards card that offers a range of benefits for business owners, including rewards points for business expenses, travel insurance, and access to a range of business-related services.
It’s important to note that the specific benefits and features of each card can vary based on the country in which they are offered, and the information provided above is specific to the American Express cards offered in Australia. To determine the highest American Express card for your needs, I would suggest reaching out to American Express directly or visiting their website for more information.